On the job training
On-the-job training is the most common form of training used by companies and will be a continuous process through your career path.
So what are the benefits?
Improved employee performance
– the employee who receives the necessary training is more able to perform in their job.
– Most employees will have some weaknesses in their workplace skills. A training program allows you to strengthen those skills that each employee needs to improve.
Increased productivity and adherence to quality standards
– Productivity usually increases when a company implements training courses.
Training can be of any kind relevant to the work or responsibilities of the individual and can be delivered by any appropriate method.
For example, it could include:
- On-the-job learning - Review of applicable safe work practices and job procedures Advise of all known hazards specific to the job, Advise of the necessary information for the job to be completed safely and correctly Advise of the necessary information for the job to be completed safely and correctly
- Mentoring schemes like being paired with a journeyman, or experience worker and working on specific tasks related to your work
- In-house training programmes, either in a classroom setting or online